Information Security Specialist
Arlington, Virginia /
National Guard Bureau /
The MASY Group is a growing Nunn Perry award-winning government service company providing intelligence analysis, educational services, and operational support to federal agencies like the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. We offer our team members a competitive salary as well as competitive benefits, such as 5% matching 401k with no vesting period, family leave, and Healthcare/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts -- to name a few!
Your mission is to provide the necessary support to supplement the Chief of the National Guard (CNGB) and the United States’ 54 states and territories to support the implementation and oversight of Information Security (INFOSEC) regulations, including those covering Original Classification Authority (OCA).
• Conduct background research and gap analysis on Government best practices involving the procedures required for the development of operational functions regarding INFOSEC
• Provide drafts of routine provisions of DoD INFOSEC, classification, and declassification procedures for Government review and incorporation into updates to the Chief National Guard Bureau Instruction (CNGBI) on INFOSEC
• Conduct background research and gap analysis on Government best practices involving the procedures required for the development and maintenance of standard text and protocols for Government Security Classification Guides (SCGs)
• Create draft training materials and a draft training syllabi on the proper exercise of classification and declassification authority policy and guidance
• Review daily requests for classification and declassification against Executive Orders and DODM’s
• 5+ years’ experience in information security/assurance
• At least 1+ years’ experience briefing executive leadership
• Must be able to think quickly and respond appropriately for the audience based on seniority and classification level of source material concerning audience/venue
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Previous military experience preferred
• TS/SCI REQUIRED
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with professional and educational experience
Benefits: Extremely competitive
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The determinations and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.