East/South East Asia Instructor
Bethesda, Maryland /
NIU College of Strategic Intelligence /
The MASY Group is a growing Nunn Perry award-winning government service company providing intelligence analysis, educational services, and operational support to federal agencies like the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. We offer our team members a competitive salary as well as competitive benefits, such as 5% matching 401k with no vesting period, family leave, and Healthcare/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts -- just to name a few!
The National Intelligence University (NIU) is the Intelligence Community’s only federally accredited degree-granting university. Its mission is to provide cutting edge analytical instruction to both budding and senior intelligence professionals.
Your mission is to provide subject matter expertise on the North East and Southeast (SE) Asia as an instructor and advisor to graduate students at the National Intelligence University. You will evaluates student performance, coordinates student requirements with university registrar, and provides all appropriate course materials as needed. Your expert delivery of core and elective course programming will equip students with the tools necessary to confront what is next.
• Deliver graduate-level courses while maintaining up-to-date course curriculum
• Provide general expertise on China and the North East and Southeast Asia regions.
• Serve as a member of students' thesis committees as a thesis chair or thesis reader
• Demonstrated capacity to perform research in East Asia or SE Asia topics related to the IC
• Experience teaching East/South East Asia issues and students at the graduate level
• Minimum of five (5) years teaching/mentoring experience at the graduate level
• Possession of a PhD or being a PhD candidate is highly desired
• DoD teaching/course design experience preferred
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with professional and educational experience
Benefits: Extremely competitive
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The determinations and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.