Data Scientist, Python
Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Defense Threat Reduction Agency
The MASY Group is a growing Nunn Perry award-winning government service company providing intelligence analysis, educational services, and operational support to federal agencies like the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. We offer our team members a competitive salary as well as competitive benefits, such as 5% matching 401k with no vesting period, family leave, and Healthcare/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts -- to name a few!
We are seeking a mid-level Data Scientist that has a technical focus in computer sciences or related fields, with experience with modeling and simulations.
Your mission is to lay down critical and timely data foundations to perform robust analytics, producing personalized data products to aid in our client's decision-making process.
• Serve as a technical resource for members of the CWMD team
• Leverage existing modeling and simulation tools to provide analytic support in response to RFIs and other tasks
• Provide tailored analysis, assessments, and reports to various government clients
• Perform data manipulation, wrangling, cleansing, and analysis (in Python, R, or SAS)
• Build, iterate, and validate predictive models using multiple statistical techniques
• 3 - 5+ years of demonstrated experience with modeling and simulation concepts, principles, tools and technologies
• Proficient in manipulating
• Proficient in Python and R
• BA/BS in a related field such as mathematics, data science, computer science, or statistics, Master's Degree preferred
• TS/SCI REQUIRED
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with professional and educational experience
Benefits: Extremely competitive
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The determinations and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.