Senior Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure (open to remote)
San Francisco, California /
Tinder – Engineering /
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, hundreds of thousands of requests per second, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
Tinder is looking for an experienced engineer who's eager to design and implement the next generation of our data platform. Our growing business always has new needs for actionable information, and this gives us an exciting roadmap with high-value products ready to be designed and many more waiting to be identified. This role will involve working with large scale data pipelines in near-real-time, batch, and lambda frameworks.
In addition to our flexible remote options across the United States, by applying to this role you can be considered for all Senior Software Engineer,Data roles currently available in our Los Angeles, San Francisco and/or Palo Alto offices. Currently, our teams are working together remotely and we've adapted our recruiting processes to accommodate virtual interviews with prospective hires. Our in-person offices will reopen when it is safe to do so.
In this role and team, you will:
- Collaborate with engineers in conceptualizing, planning and executing medium-sized data engineering initiatives working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Work with internal engineering and product teams to identify opportunities for improvements or feature enhancements to our data platforms and to improve overall engineering efficiency.
- Work on pipelines ingesting data greater than 1gb per second.
- Design and build data platforms and frameworks for processing high volumes of data, in real time as well as batch, that will be used across engineering teams.
- Drive self-serve capabilities for the engineering teams to easily onboard their critical data workloads onto our platforms.
- Coordinate with engineering, analytics, and other teams to assess the cost and value of existing and potential projects.
- Research and evaluate new technologies in the big data space to guide our continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with multifunctional engineers across the company to help tune the performance of large data applications to drive cost savings.
- Work on initiatives to ensure stability, performance and reliability of our data infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering on distributed frameworks such as Spark, Flink, Kafka Streams, Storm, Hadoop etc.
- Proven experience with ETL job orchestration, preferably with a feature-rich tool such as Airflow, Argo, or Rundeck.
- Strong proficiency with any of the following programming languages - Java, Scala or Python
- Experience with a variety of databases and no-SQL appliances (Redshift, Databricks, Snowflake, Druid, Dynamo, Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic Search, Hive, etc.)
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience building real time data pipelines using Flink or Spark.
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices.
- Experience with Kubernetes and building Docker images.
- Experience with any public cloud environment - AWS, Azure, GCP.
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei