Product Marketing Strategist
New York, New York /
Hinge – Marketing /
Hinge is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Strategist to join our marketing team, reporting into the Director of Brand Strategy.
In this role, you will help define how we market our always-evolving feature set and how we launch new products in innovative and creative ways. We are looking for a creative and strategic thinker with demonstrated experience crafting product positioning and go-to market plans, as well as overseeing the implementation of those strategies through exceptional, cross-functional collaboration.
- Lead product positioning of new features by developing compelling value props, messaging frameworks, and naming recommendations
- Partner with marketing strategy & analytics to develop multi-channel, go-to-market strategies that drive awareness and adoption of new and existing features
- Partner with product and marketing teams to align on compelling, channel-specific briefs that ensure successful execution of strategy (e.g., lifecycle, PR, influencer marketing, paid media)
- Identify and share sticky insights from audience, competitive, and cultural research that can inform product and marketing strategies
- Partner with the Product Research team to cultivate a deep understanding of our audiences and clearly articulate who the target user is throughout product development
- Define a product marketing roadmap that outlines marketing initiatives against product launches
- Work closely with monetization team to develop marketing efforts that promote our subscription services and a la carte offerings
- Closely monitor product marketing campaign results and proactively share learnings with leadership
- Oversee strategy for app-store tests and optimization efforts
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of product marketing experience. Experience in a B2C, subscription-based business is a plus.
- Proven track record of building and managing large product marketing campaigns across owned and paid marketing channels.
- You’re a strategist at heart and have a real passion for making informed decisions, grounded in audience, competitive, and/or cultural insights.
- You know how to work autonomously and self-manage across multiple different projects at a time, all while keeping track of the details in each.
- You’re highly collaborative and love to push creativity and innovation into all of your work.
- You get excited by the idea of managing complex projects, building processes, and creating alignment across many teams and stakeholders.
- You have strong copywriting chops and are able to express complicated ideas into everyday language.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and going on dates. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Hinge was the fastest-growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada and Australia in 2019 and 2020.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.