Senior Data Analyst (Product Analytics)
Vancouver, British Columbia
Plenty of Fish – Analytics /
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people's lives every single day! Named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
We work hybrid at Plenty of Fish - IRL in our downtown Vancouver office Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and work remotely the remainder of the week!
We are looking for someone to be a part of our outstanding Product Analytics team, who will be working cross-functionally with the rest of the organization to help identify, understand, and improve business and product challenges facing Plenty of Fish. The Senior Product Analyst will deliver high-quality strategic and tactical analysis; collaborating with the product, engineering, data science, business intelligence, customer service, and marketing teams.
So, what will you do?
- Provide a variety of stakeholders from Executives, Product Managers, Engineering Managers, or other Data Analysts, with deep-dive quantitative analyses and present them in an immediately usable format, extracting key insights from extensive, complex data sets
- Proactively find opportunities to take analytics framework into the next level and lead stakeholders to adopt new frameworks and methodologies
- Quantitatively analyze user behaviour to help determine product strategy and drive business decisions, including driving decisions from A/B test learnings
- Take ownership of ambiguous and complex analytical assignments
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- 5+ years of progressive experience using quantitative analysis to make business-focused recommendations
- Strong communication skills at different levels of organizational hierarchy
- Strong understanding of incrementally as well as sizing business problems and opportunities
- Proven technical data analytics skills in working with large amounts of data at different levels of aggregation, from raw telemetry to metric stores.
- Experience with raw clickstream data (telemetry event data) and datasets of 100 million+ records
- Experience with web/digital analytics metrics (Daily Active Users, Retention, Churn)
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts such as confidence interval, normal distribution, correlation, linear regression, and multivariate testing
- Proficiency with SQL or other query languages
- Strong experience with A/B test analysis
- In depth experience with data visualization and analytical tools (E.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Looker)
- Proactive skill set that encompasses problem identification, analysis, solution definition, results, and communication
- Experience with Python or a willingness to learn
$116,000 - $130,000 a year
Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
**We would love to hear from you, even if you don't match 100% of the requirements**
Why Plenty of Fish?
• We're recognized as one of BC's Top Employers 2023!
• Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days
• RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
• Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from day one
• Match Group mentorship program
• Parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
• Extended health & dental benefits from day one
• Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
• And many more on our careers page
• Be Proud - We own our ship. We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
• Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
• Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface thoughtful decisions.
• Crew Together - We're all working towards the same goals and win as a team.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.