Senior Product Designer, Accessibility
Remote, US Contract /
Tinder – Product Design /
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
• Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
• Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
• Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
• Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
• Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
We're a tight-knit design team, with a strong focus on collaboration, and looking for a Senior Product Designer to help strategically establish and evangelize our Accessibility efforts. This role is perfect for a designer who is eager to make products inclusive for everyone. We are looking for someone who has a heart for our members, a passion for product excellence, and champions accessibility. Someone who can learn fast, understand which details matter, and guide our team to craft high-quality experiences for everyone. Above all, an excellent collaborator who can coach the designers on their team to do their best work.
In this role, you will:
- Be a champion for product excellence and inclusive design across the company, working with teams to include accessibility as part of the process instead of an afterthought.
- Effectively communicate complex criteria with design, product, and engineering leadership to establish a vision, strategy, metrics, and goals for Accessibility at Tinder.
- As the design point of contact for Tinder Accessibility, you will lead workshops, communicate updates to leadership, and onboard new designers and engineers.
- Invite and collect a range of feedback across teams, synthesizing and narrowing in on solutions that balance your recommendation, the needs of stakeholders, Tinder’s brand, best practices, and our users.
- Collaborate with cross-functional members, including product, design, design system, engineering, UX research, and content creators.
- Stay up-to-date with mobile app design trends, best practices, patterns, new capabilities, etc., and use this knowledge to push the Accessibility strategy forward.
- Contribute to creative, supportive culture and mentor junior team members.
- Coordinate accessibility defect resolution for flagged issues and consult with designers on proposed fixes.
- Research and educate on technical topics, including but not limited to, VoiceOver and other assistive technology, keyboard navigation, localization, and more.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a product or UX designer.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience designing for accessibility, inclusion, or diverse user needs.
- Expertise in WCAG 2.1 AA Standards.
- Knowledge of accessible design and development techniques, best practices, and global accessibility standards.
- A passion for inclusive design and deep knowledge of iOS/Material/Desktop standards.
- Demonstrated ability to influence product development at all stages by effectively communicating user needs to product and engineering managers.
- Self-awareness, social awareness, and relationship management acuity.
- Collaborate closely with fellow members of Accessibility, Design Systems, and Regulatory Affairs, as well as with UX Research Team, engineering, and product management to create industry-leading products that exceed user expectations.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills.
- Experience working with people with disabilities at organizational and individual levels.
- Your own workstation.
Nice to have:
- Experience designing for a large-scale user base (5m+).
- Experience conducting exploratory user research and usability testing.
- Experience with quantitative data and/or surveys, and refining work based on findings.
- Basic front-end development skills: enough to conceptualize (and empathize with) the challenges faced by mobile engineers.
- Experience establishing, maintaining, contributing to, or utilizing a design system.
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei