Engineering Manager - Machine Learning (Trust and Safety) (open to remote)
San Francisco, California /
Tinder – Engineering /
Tinder connects people. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Our work causes millions of people to spark meaningful connections. We have a small, dedicated engineering team with one of the highest ratios of users to engineers in the industry, making every member of the team critical to our success. We're looking for someone that can help us explore a vast amount of data and derive knowledge from that data that can be used to improve our product.
About the role:
The Trust & Safety and Tinder is responsible for systems, algorithms, and policies that keep Tinder and its members safe. The machine learning team is a multi-disciplinary team of machine learning engineers and anti-abuse analysts, and is responsible for detecting and remediating bad actors, detecting policy violations, and building safety product features.
As an engineering manager of this team, you will:
- Lead the multi-disciplinary team of ML engineers and anti-abuse analysts
- Define and be responsible for the objectives and metrics for the team; devise a development strategy and roadmap
- Partner with the T&S Policy, Product, and Engineering teams.
- Build, lead and mentor members of your team reach their full potential
- 2+ year of experience leading machine learning engineering teams.
- Experience in designing and building highly scalable distributed ML models.
- Ability to encourage, mentor and empower the team to go above and beyond
- PhD or MS in machine learning, computer science, statistics or other highly quantitative fields
- Prior experience in Trust & Safety domain.
- In-depth knowledge of deep neural networks, classification techniques, computer vision, natural language processing.
- Proficiency in deep learning framework: Tensorflow, Keras, etc.
- Experience with big data frameworks: Spark, Hadoop etc.
- Experience with AWS.
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei