Senior Backend Engineer
New York, New York, US /
Hinge – Engineering /
Hinge is looking for senior software engineers to join the Backend Team. As the newest member of the Backend Team, we are looking for someone to help us design and build the next generation of high-performance APIs and backend services in Go. You will be on a cross-disciplinary team including other backend engineers, mobile engineers, product managers, and designers where you will lead development of new features and improve the quality and reliability of our services.
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build features.
- Design and build backend systems with an emphasis on quality and scalability.
- Own complex projects end-to-end and effectively communicate to stakeholders.
- Work in a cloud native tech stack: Kubernetes, AWS, Go web services, Postgres, Redis, Kafka.
- Be a thought partner for backend team strategy and technical direction.
- Create and maintain feedback cycles with your peers and manager
What We’re Looking For:
- You have 3+ experience in software development building APIs at scale
- You have experience working in distributed production systems
- You have worked with at least one message or event based technology (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.) and you can talk in-depth about how to use it
- You can own complex projects end-to-end, coordinate with other teams, and communicate broadly to internal stakeholders
- You are excited to share opinions on best practices
- Prior knowledge of Go preferred but not required
The salary range for this position is $175,000 - $215,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.