Senior Backend Platforms Engineer
New York, New York, US /
Hinge – Engineering /
As a Senior Backend Platforms Engineer you will help guide our growing team and be a leading voice in setting vision for our developing Platforms group. We are expanding beyond Site Reliability Engineering towards a Platform vision by empowering feature teams to own their own developer lifecycle with our support. We mainly work in Go and Bash, using AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Circle CI and Istio.
You will help plan and carry out initiatives to improve developer experience and efficiency while coordinating with teams across the company to ensure that everyone is making the best use of available tooling.
- You will have the opportunity to lead cross-company projects and help set the roadmap for the team
- You will mentor other engineers within the team and across Hinge in best practices regarding Kubernetes, microservices, and production readiness, among others
- You will build tools to make our infrastructure more consistent, more reliable, more observable, and require less manual intervention
- You will work closely with feature teams, collaborating on improving developer experience and increasing velocity
- You will share knowledge on SLI/SLO development, error budgets, how to eliminate toil, and automation best practices
- You will join the on-call rotation for platform owned areas of our production infrastructure
What We're Looking For:
- Exposure to Linux systems administrationProfessional coding experience
- Experience with AWS or another cloud service providerDatabase management experience
- Understanding of SRE processes, SLI vs SLO vs SLA, how to define and live by an error budget, etc.
- Coding experience in Go, Bash, or Python Experience as a member of an on-call rotationDocker/Kubernetes experience
- The ability to automate your tasks in Bash or Go
- Terraform is optional, but a strong plus
The salary range for this position is $175,000 - $215,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.