Staff Machine Learning Engineer
New York, New York, US /
Hinge – Engineering /
We are seeking a Staff Machine Learning Engineer to join the Discovery workstream, where you will be working on Hinge’s core recommendations engine. You will collaborate with data scientists and engineers to turn algorithmic prototypes into scalable production-grade systems. This is a highly impactful role both in terms of affecting user experience on the app and advancing the company’s machine learning engineering capabilities.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to improve recommendations and personalization at Hinge
- Productionize machine learning algorithms and pipelines at scale
- Improve monitoring and observability of machine learning systems
- Collaborate with the ML Platform team to build tooling and infrastructure to accelerate the develop to deploy cycle for machine learning models
- Provide thought leadership on the ML engineering stack and technical direction
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience as ML, backend, or data engineer
- 3+ years of experience in building machine learning systems
- Proficiency in a programming language (such as Python, Java, or Go), SQL, and shell scripting.
- Experience with data pipelines, workflow managers (Argo, Airflow), event streaming platforms (Kafka), CI/CD systems (CircleCI, Jenkins), container technologies (Docker), and orchestration platforms (Kubernetes).
- Experience with large scale data processing tools such as Spark.
- Working knowledge of machine learning principles and methods, with interest in and aptitude for developing further expertise
- Previous experience with recommender systems is a plus.
The salary range for this position is $215,000 - $255,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.