User Support Specialist
New York, New York, US /
Hinge – Community /
Hinge is looking for a caring and driven individual to provide best-in-class customer service to our growing member base. You’ll field a range of inquiries, including questions about the functionality of the Hinge app, technical troubleshooting, billing and refunds, safety reports, and privacy concerns.
As a Customer Experience Specialist, your core mission will be to troubleshoot and resolve escalated tickets while delivering an empathetic user experience. You will also act as a prime point of contact for our vendor support agents and you’ll work closely with the CX management team to continually improve our support processes and tools.
You’ll be part of a team that’s working to help bring out the best in our members, restore hope to dating, and build a strong community.
Please note: this is an hourly role with one weekend shift required per month.
- Develop a thorough command of the Hinge product and Hinge support processes.
- Respond to a wide range of user questions quickly and clearly
- Take ownership of solving user problems through effective probing and troubleshooting.
- Provide support to Level 1 User Support Agents to guide them towards resolving requests and increasing their product knowledge.
- Surface complex and emerging user issues to our Specialists and partner with them to find solutions.
- Contribute to our growing library of content, including macros, external help center articles, and internal knowledge base articles.
- Assist with ad hoc projects that drive CX initiatives.
What We’re Looking For:
- You're able to work independently and also thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You're able to clearly communicate technical topics to customers and colleagues.
- You have solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- You're generally tech-savvy.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in Customer Support, preferably for a software or tech company.
- Experience using Zendesk or other ticketing systems.
The salary range for this position is $27/hour - $33/hour. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.