Senior Database Engineer
Dallas, Texas, US /
Match – Engineering /
Know where you belong.
Our iconic dating brand created the dating category over two decades ago. Today, the Match app continues to evolve to inspire the next generation of daters and bring together millions of singles to find love and connection. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
We are looking for an experienced Mid/Senior-Level Database Engineer to join our backend team. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in designing and creating efficient solutions using Microsoft T-SQL Server for high volume, high performance projects.
We are based in Dallas, TX, and seeking a candidate who is open to working onsite one day per week.
How you'll make an impact:
- Design, implement, and maintain SQL Server databases and write effective T-SQL code
- Work regularly with Kafka based distributed architecture
- Optimize structures, code, and queries for performance and scalability
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices are followed
- Monitor and troubleshoot database issues
- Create and maintain database documentation
- Continuously improve solutions, and identify and resolve tech debt
- Participate in Agile ceremonies to ensure high delivery standards
We could be a Match if:
- 5+ years' experience using T-SQL for creating tables, indexes, stored procedures, and functions from scratch
- Good understanding of SQL Server fundamentals and ability to troubleshoot and optimize
- Working experience in performance tuning using instrumentation and DMVs to troubleshoot and optimize
- Experience with high-volume, highly-transactional distributed systems
- Working knowledge of DBA tasks (helps in design and performance tuning)Experience with Git and change deployment
- Mindset that keeps automation at the forefront of your daily activities
- Curiosity to understand how the optimizer works and learn the reasoning behind implementation choices
What's the team like?
- We are a small but growing team of collaborative and deeply passionate engineers
- We work cross-functionally with our Product and Design partners to craft exciting new features that will delight our users
- We encourage continuous improvement and strive to always learn and grow as engineers and as a team
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
WFH Stipend – Hybrid/remote work allowance for full time employees to help you feel comfortable and efficient in your home office environment
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.