iOS Engineer (Contract)
Mexico City /
Tinder – Engineering /
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions - this is not a top down organization. We feel it is important to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As an iOS engineer at Tinder, you will have an impact on the most visible aspects of the Tinder App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies in interesting ways to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing features in the Tinder App
- Build compelling in-app experiences that will reach millions of users globally
- Collaborate with engineers cross-functionally as well as the product and design team(s) to influence the roadmap and product development of Tinder’s App and services
- Contribute to internal shared frameworks and libraries
- Shape the future of optimized analytics at Tinder from the ground up with innovative data tools for the analytics and data science team(s)
- Evolve Tinder’s architecture to support multiple authentication flows and account management
- Mentor, collaborate, and learn from innovative and passionate team members
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years of experience building consumer facing applications with native iOS
- Full life cycle experience building applications in Swift
- Proficient in Swift concepts (structs, optionals, generics etc.)
- Experience building user-facing features with autolayout
- Familiar with popular architecture patterns such as MVVM / Clean and their uses
- Knowledge of iOS memory management and protocol-oriented programming
- Experience building and testing large-scale iOS apps and/or codebases
- Proficiency writing your own unit tests
- Clear and solutions oriented communication style with a passion for code quality
- Willingness to work collaboratively in an Agile environment (scrum, planning poker, standup, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with building public APIs and mobile SDK’s
- Knowledge of native iOS frameworks like URL Session, Core Data and Core Animation.
- Comfortable working with legacy code and improving it
- Experience communicating and implementing effective, solutions oriented improvements
- Familiar with implementing In-App Purchases, StoreKit or implementing premium features in an iOS app
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering is amazing but not required; proficiency in modern iOS technologies and principles is what matters most