Moderation & Appeals Program Manager
New York, New York /
Hinge – Community /
As Moderation & Appeals Program Manager, you will partner closely with product stakeholders to support business growth and market expansion while collaborating within Community to drive efficiencies and service quality improvements.
- Design & execute high-impact initiatives that define the support experience for customers
- Improve operational performance by using a quantitative approach for metrics tracking, trend and issue identification, root cause analysis, and design solutions to optimize team workflows and improve efficiency.
- Build, define, lead and improve impactful, specific KPIs and support metrics. Leverage said KPIs to analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders.
- Be the subject matter expert for the best moderation & appeals practices acquired internally and externally
- Drive continuous efforts to improve moderation and appeals infrastructure and processes, including creating and implementing guidance and education to address knowledge gaps and care for natural evolutions in the Hinge community.
- Develop and manage budget for moderation & appeals projects and be accountable for delivering against.
- Support the release of new product features by partnering with product managers to determine how the moderation team will review new content.
- Manage the Moderation & Appeals Internal Agent Manager and the Quality & Knowledge manager to oversee macro and policy deployment, training practices, and the evolution of moderation & appeals support processes and policies.
What We're Looking For:
- Leadership and management experience with content moderation teams, BPOs, Trust & Safety, and a proven track record of operationalizing policy and community guidelines at scale.
- A global perspective, with experience collaborating with multicultural teams across a range of time zones, and evolving moderation teams to meet global community growth.
- Proven ability to develop sound research methodologies to ascertain data quality, and collect, analyze and interpret data across platforms.
- Experience driving business outcomes with KPIs, including SLAs and operational metrics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate succinctly with a range of audiences including moderators, leadership, users and engineers.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and going on dates. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Hinge was the fastest-growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada and Australia in 2019 and 2020.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.