Dallas, Texas, US /
Match – Engineering /
Know where you belong.
Our iconic dating brand created the dating category over two decades ago. Today, the Match app continues to evolve to inspire the next generation of daters and bring together millions of singles to find love and connection. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll take Match’s backend tier to the next level.
We're building a modern and cloud-native distributed tech stack with an emphasis on Observability, Scalability, Reliability and Performance.
If you are looking to build .NET applications, RESTful APIs, using the latest .net framework and a SOLID code base, design, implement and maintain relational database systems, that will be used by millions of Match members to make meaningful connections, then this role is for you.
We are based in Dallas, TX, and seeking a candidate who is open to working onsite one day per week.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will develop, and test .NET apps (business logic, back-end) using C#, SQL
- You will develop, and test RESTful APIs that can handle thousands of requests per second
- You will work with architects on API solutions, design databases and tables, write effective T-SQL stored procedures that enable our multiple APIs access to the underlying data
- You will build new microservices using Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Kafka, Sql Server and the latest .NET framework
- Along the way you’ll confront scalability challenges, navigate distributed systems, and apply best practices
We could be a Match if:
- 2+ years of real-world development experience
- Comfortable in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Experience in writing testable code, unit, and API testing public and/or private APIs (RESTful web services)
- Proficient in C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web API
- Experience with SQL Server and T-SQL
- Mindset that keeps automation at the forefront of your daily activities
What's the team like?
- We’re a small but multi-faceted and collaborative team where everyone adds value
- We deliver value and meet tight deadlines by focusing on automation and maintain quality code by actively paying down tech debt
- We enjoy a good work-life balance and are fun to be around
- We like exploring new technology, tools and practices and firmly believe in continuous learning and improvements
- We work collaboratively with all our major functions (Product, Online Marketing, Analytics)
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
WFH Stipend – Hybrid/remote work allowance for full time employees to help you feel comfortable and efficient in your home office environment
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.