Senior Android Engineer, Match (open to remote!)
Dallas, Texas /
Match / Match Affinity – Engineering - Match /
As a Sr. Android Engineer, you’ll build new features and customer experiences for our flagship dating app, Match, which is under the Match Group Portfolio (https://mtch.com/).
Match boasts more dates, more relationships and more marriages than any other dating business. Simply put, we change lives.
***We’re based in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to considering a remote office for a highly qualified candidate who can travel periodically to Dallas (when safe to do so)***
How you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll work across the full stack of the Match Android app, with a focus on UI, and also help us update our architecture and design patterns on a regular basis
- You’ll develop new features and implement changes to existing features
- We develop all of our new features in Kotlin and try to work with new tech asap
We could be a match if:
- Proficient Android UI Skills (ConstraintLayout, MotionLayout, CoordinatorLayout, animations and custom views)
- Good knowledge of the Android SDK and Kotlin
- Android Architecture Components (ViewModel, LiveData, etc)
- Experience writing testable code and adding unit tests
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- Knowledge of Dagger 2, JUnit and Espresso
- You keep up to date with best practices and new things coming out for Android
- You have a Bachelor's degree and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
What’s the team like?
- We’re a small team that likes variety
- We’re laidback but we work fast, meet tight deadlines, and still manage to write code the right way
- We have technical debates openly and make big decisions as a team
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave
Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.