Software Engineer (C#)
Dallas, Texas /
Match – Engineering /
As a Software Engineer, you’ll take Match’s backend to the next level.
We're building a modern and cloud-native distributed tech stack with an emphasis on Observability, Scalability, Reliability and Performance.
If you are looking to build .NET applications, RESTful APIs, using the latest .net framework and a SOLID code base, design, implement and maintain relational database systems, that will be used by millions of Match members to make meaningful connections, then this role is for you.
We’re based in Dallas, TX. We are open to a remote office for a qualified candidate who can travel periodically to Dallas.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will develop, and test .NET apps (business logic, back-end) using C#, SQL
- You will develop, and test RESTful APIs that can handle thousands of requests per second
- You will work with architects on API solutions, design databases and tables, write effective T-SQL stored procedures that enable our multiple APIs access to the underlying data
- You will build new microservices using Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Kafka, Sql Server and the latest .NET framework
- Along the way you’ll confront scalability challenges, navigate distributed systems, and apply best practices
- 2+ years of real-world development experience
- Comfortable in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- Experience in writing testable code and unit and API testing public and/or private APIs (RESTful web services)
- Proficient in C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web API
- Experience with SQL Server and T-SQL
- Mindset that keeps automation at the forefront of your daily activities
- Eagerness to learn and improve skill sets
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
Nice to haves, but not required:
- Experience with Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with AWS and cloud native development
- Experience with asynchronous messaging frameworks like Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with background job processing, queue management and stateful services
What’s the team like?
- We’re a small but multi-faceted and collaborative team where everyone adds value
- We deliver value and meet tight deadlines by focusing on automation and maintain quality code by actively paying down tech debt
- We enjoy a good work-life balance and are fun to be around
- We like exploring new technology, tools and practices and firmly believe in continuous learning and improvements
- We work collaboratively with all our major functions (Product, Online Marketing, Analytics)