Sr. Director, Internal Communications
Los Angeles, California /
Match Group – Communications /
Match Group is looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to lead internal communications for our corporate initiatives and portfolio of brands. Preference will be given to candidates based in either the New York City or Dallas, Texas areas, however remote highly qualified candidates who are able to be present periodically in these office locations will also be considered.
Match Group (NASDAQ: MTCH) is a leading provider of dating products. We operate a portfolio of brands, including Tinder, Match, PlentyOfFish, OkCupid, OurTime, Meetic, and Pairs, each designed to increase our users’ likelihood of finding a meaningful connection. Through our portfolio of trusted brands, we provide tailored products to meet the varying preferences of our users. We currently offer our dating products in 42 languages across more than 190 countries.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will develop a deep understanding of our products, their respective employees, and their relevant communications considerations.
- You will produce content and narratives for internal executive announcements, All Hands, and various other initiatives.
- You will partner with external comms, HR teams, learning and development and events to articulate appropriate narratives to the proper internal audiences.
- You will create and execute employee messaging for high priority programs across internal digital tools, monitor and analyze employee sentiment, and engage with various employee groups throughout the organization
- You will draft executive communications.
- You will develop new ideas to support and enhance the company’s internal communications.
- You will collaborate with internal communications professionals for the individual brands when necessary.
We could be a match if:
- You have at least 8 years of communications experience, ideally with at least five years in internal communications.
- You have completed an undergraduate degree or higher in a relevant field of study.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to foster meaningful relationships with employees and stakeholders at all levels.
- You have a proven track record of driving employee engagement and leading employees through high-level organizational changes
- You have experience coordinating DE&I programs and effectively messaging them internally.
- You have experience strategically messaging new internal and external initiatives and managing employee expectations and understanding.
- You have experience directly managing 3-5 team members and investing in the growth of direct reports.
What's the team like?
- You will report directly to the Chief Communications Officer and lead a team of internal communications professionals, investing in their professional development.
- The Communications team multi-task in a fast-paced environment, are excellent writers who are intrinsically motivated, detail-oriented and organized, and sweat the small stuff so others don’t have to—all while delivering high quality work.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations review process.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.