Design Director, Marketing
New York, New York, US /
Hinge – Marketing /
Hinge is the fastest growing dating app, and we’re looking for a Marketing Design Director with a big heart and a small ego, who lives and breathes design, to join Hinge’s brand team.
You should have a passion for creating inspiring, clear, and contemporary work that lives at the center of culture. We’re looking for someone who others describe as a thought provoking leader that is not afraid to flip the paradigms of Marketing & communications. You’ll refine Hinge’s visual world and design principles, while also leading design excellence across all Hinge Marketing touchpoints as we expand globally.
If you’re a pixel-perfect self-starter who likes to challenge the status quo, this one’s for you.This role will report to the Executive Creative Director.
- Elevate and maintain Hinge’s place as a design first company that focuses on multidisciplinary creative excellence through all communication touch points including social, digital, app, press, events, OOH and more.
- Push the boundaries of design by building strong creative ideas & design strategy before diving into executional excellence.
- Lead and inspire a team by unlocking creativity through strong coaching, collaboration, and endless inspiration.
- Create and own design systems that allow the marketing team to scale and ship creative quickly, reliably and without compromising the brand’s look and feel.
What We're Looking For:
- A self starter that is ready to roll your sleeves up to get work done in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Great at managing people, expectations, and deadlines while keeping the team inspired along the way.
- A tastemaker with a great eye for what’s to come. Advanced strategic thinker and “out of the box” thinking. You look at the world with curiosity with an ear to world & culture.
- A designer who is not afraid to author strategic thinking and build stories around design thinking and ethos.
- A fast prototyper that loves to play, stretch, and test ideas. A high degree of comfort with agile design practices to ship optimal versions of your creative over time.
- A strong focus on the process vs the outcome to create a system for a design team to thrive in.
The salary range for this position is $195,000 - $235,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.