Director, Content Design
San Francisco, California, US /
Tinder – Product /
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
• Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
• Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
• Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
• Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
• Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
This position can be located in Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA.
In this role, you will:
- The Director, Content Design is responsible for developing a cohesive content design strategy, scaling our content processes, and standardizing rules for scalability and localization.
- Lead content strategy by actively engaging in the end-to-end product development process, including defining the problem, brainstorming on the product vision, writing the interface language, and reviewing user research to understand user behavior to craft the tone and voice.
- The team you lead will define our content standards and influence the overall writing direction of Tinder, which will affect the experience of Tinder members globally.
- Influence strategic decisions across and within our product to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency.
- Lead discovery efforts, from the design and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative research efforts to facilitating team sessions and focus groups
- Help scale our user experience by collaborating with our Design Systems team to embed content recommendations at the systems level.
- Partner with our Senior Director of Program Management to facilitate smooth cross-functional collaboration by implementing an effective process for collecting and prioritizing requests for content.
- Evaluate new and existing user experiences on an ongoing basis and ensure content strategy is successfully implemented across the app.
- 8+ years of experience in content strategy with a focus on writing, including experience with a global audience
- 5+ years of experience leading dynamic teams with successful outcomes in creating and delivering user-centered, data-driven consumer experiences.
- Proven, senior-level content strategy development, ideally at a consumer tech company.
- Be an outstanding collaborator with product management, engineering, user research, content, and design.
- Full-stack content strategy skills from discovery through maintenance, including content audits, gap analyses, content modeling, UX writing, and using content management systems.
- Portfolio of writing samples and style guidelines for web and/or mobile applications.
The salary range for this position is $180,000 - $235,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in California. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei