Software Engineer II, Backend
Palo Alto, California
Match Group – Engineering /
We are seeking a Software Engineer II (Backend) to join our Tinder Service Platform team. This TSP team is a part of the Central Platform team at Match Group. Our mission is to provide central services to all brands under the Match Group umbrella as a unique internal provider of Software as a Service (SaaS).
As a team member, you will be responsible for building and operating multiple central services that can impact all brands in the Match Group portfolio. As you will work as a part of the Tinder Service Platform team, you will have the opportunity to learn about Tinder services and play a crucial role in the development and maintenance of scalable, reliable, and efficient central services.
Know where you belong. Match Group is a leading provider of dating products across the globe. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, The League, and others, each designed to spark meaningful connections for singles worldwide. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our LA or Palo Alto offices 3 days/week.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Tinder engineering team and MG engineers to build and operate central services that have an important influence on all brands within the Match Group portfolio.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, including technical specifications, API documentation and operational guides.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues related to the performance, reliability, scalability, stability of the central services while providing timely resolutions.
- Delivers all aspects of the B2B (SaaS) software engineering including technical documentation, observability, and implementation of business logic.
- Proactively receive mentorship from colleagues and ensure the delivery of assigned tasks with accountability.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to drive innovation and enhance the performance of central services.
- Gain exposure to all of the Match Group’s central services and work with various teams under Match Group.
We could be a Match if you have:
- 1+ years experience as a software engineer with a focus on backend.
- Knowledge of Java
- Experience of RDBMS and understanding concepts of NoSQL.
- Ability to dive into low level details and implement technical designs.
- Solid understanding of basic computer science principles and fundamental programming.
- An advocate for code quality and best engineering practices.
- Strong communication skills with other engineers or PMs.
- Strong passion for software development and eagerness to learn and grow as a software engineer.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working at B2B/SaaS companies.
- Experience creating technical designs from product requirements.
- Experience using Spring framework (Spring Boot, Webflux/React, GRPC)
- Experience of using database, including DynamoDB, Redis or PostgreSQL
- Experience contributing to open source projects.
- Experience in distributed / cloud systems design and data pipelines & infrastructures.
- Experience working with AWS cloud provider / services.
- Experience working with containerized environments such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience of any other programming languages, such as C#, Go and Rust.
$115,000 - $138,000 a year
Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in Palo Alto, CA. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 18 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.