Director, Product Management
New York, New York /
Hinge – Product /
Hinge is looking to a hire a Director of Product Management!
In this role, you will lead the ‘Experience’ group, one of two product management groups, alongside ‘Growth’, reporting directly to our CPO. Your mission will be to increase Hinge’s effectiveness at generating good dates for our users, especially through improvements to profiles and messaging. You will own the strategy and roadmap, manage and grow a lean PM team, and develop innovative features.
What You'll Do:
- Define long-term goals and strategy.
- Manage a lean team, starting with 1 senior PM at time of hire.
- Collaborate with Designers, Researchers, and cross-functional partners to make features that fulfill the group’s mission and change dating culture.
- Contribute to operational evolutions as we scale the Product organization.
What You'll Need:
- Background in user-facing experiences of consumer products, social or interactive preferred.
- 8+ years in Product Management.
- Experience with people-management preferred.
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.