Head of Product (Remote)
New York, New York
The League – The League /
The League is a curated dating community for ambitious singles to meet others who are equally driven - whether for dating, friendship, or networking - and we are looking for a product leader to relaunch our brand in a big way. Since being acquired by MTCH (owner of Tinder, Hinge, etc.), we have been given the opportunity to scale our brand internationally, and we are looking for a Product Quarterback who can drive the core experience product vision, build our brand, find ways to reach new audiences and take The League to the next level of growth.
This role will collaborate closely with our Founder and CEO along with our VP of Engineering to build a roadmap that reaches more of the available audience and ensures that all customers are delighted by our products and services. The ideal candidate has product management in a high-growth consumer tech environment with consumer-facing features. The League is entering a new phase of growth, now supported by The Match Group, with the aim to grow our footprint & brand awareness in the US and expand to become an internationally recognized brand that stands for quality and fosters equal relationships around the globe.
We are looking for a product leader to be responsible for owning product strategy to make the core app experience more enjoyable and effective for our users. You will be the solo team member in product and work amongst a cross-functional team of Engineers, Analysts, and Designers. You will lead live operations, equally importantly, identify opportunities to drive improved engagement of our users. The candidate will have extensive experience in product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users. The candidate must be a dynamic leader that understands how to assess the heartbeat of the product.
This is a remote position. We will consider candidates across the US.
How you'll make an impact:
- Drive the core experience product vision, strategy, and development, from concept to launch of consumer-facing features
- Actively oversee live operations on the core member experience, monitoring KPIs to find opportunities and threats
- Develop a deep understanding of The League users around the world by conducting research, data analysis, and usability testing
- Collaborate with partners across the organization, communicate product vision, understand and prioritize needs and serve as an advocate and resource for Product
- Provide multidimensional leadership that understands the non-negotiable and the levers that drive growth
- Apply a high standard for quality to a balanced roadmap of UX improvements, stability, and incremental improvements with pioneering new features
- Organize work around a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and Analysts
- Partner with Strategy, User Research, Analytics, and Consumer Insights to ensure a deep understanding of the consumer and ensure that understanding flows into the team’s solutions.
- Tackle member experiences and business challenges, lead feature dependencies, and maintain architectural integrity.
- Placing consumer trust and safety top of mind while delivering experiences that lead to positive engagement while understanding business fundamentals.
We could be a match if you have:
- Highly analytical leadership experience for premium consumer product companies
- 8+ years of product management experience in a high-growth consumer tech company
- University degree, ideally with a design, technical, or business background or a mix of education and experience
- Extensive experience in product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Expert at defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback
- Proven demonstrable impact, driving $100M+ high-impact growth opportunities
- Demonstrated success in fostering an environment of cross-functional collaboration and inclusivity while building and developing a world-class team
- Scrappiness – the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment & accompany strategic instincts with a ‘sleeves rolled up’ clear sense of purpose, execution, and delivery.
- If you are someone that leads with vision, is passionate about consumer experiences, and loves to work in a dynamic space where new emergent technology, as well as consumer behavior, create new opportunities for growth.
- Naturally intellectually curious, whether new technologies through to sociological shifts, understands how to apply innovations and trends to product opportunities
- Experience in dating is a plus
- Experience building out referral incentive programs & self-service ambassador/affiliate programs a plus
- If you have demonstrable high-impact leadership that can solve complex problems, communicate solutions concisely, articulate clear communication to technical and non-technical groups, and passionately gets results, we want to hear from you!
$159,500 - $219,000 a year
Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York, New York. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Why The League?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
WFH Stipend – Hybrid/remote work allowance for full time employees to help you feel comfortable and efficient in your home office environment
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.