Software Engineer II - Android
New York, New York /
OkCupid – Engineering /
OkCupid is looking to hire a Software Engineer II on our Android team!
If you’re an experienced Android Engineer and you like the idea of being a key
contributor on an app used by millions of people, read on.
What’s it like being an Android Engineer at OkCupid?
We’re a small, tight-knit Mobile Development team that manages all aspects of OkCupid’s Android app. Every person we hire is given a lot of responsibility and a lot of power; your opinion can be a big part of what we do and how we do it. OkCupid is an engineering focused company. We are a group of developers that gets a big sense of satisfaction from helping millions of people find love. If that’s the kind of thing that appeals to you, you’re probably a good fit for OkCupid.
We’re seeking someone who has:
• 2+ years of professional experience working with key technologies for the Android platform.
• Fluency in Kotlin (the language we use) and/or Java (the language we used to use)
• Experience designing robust, extensible, and testable mobile application code and frameworks
• Experience consuming and designing REST APIs and/or experience with GraphQL Queries
• Strong UI development skills (complex view trees, animations, rendering and strong knowledge of the Android UI kit)
Some cool things about our team:
• We are all in on Kotlin (and have been for 2 years)
• We use MVVM with lots of Rx
• We use and are passionate about Android Architecture Components
• We write unit tests for all of our code and use CI to automate them
• We are a single Activity app
• We are passionate about building a great user experience and a clean codebase. We write tech designs for all of our major features and are deeply enthusiastic about knowledge sharing
• We’re transitioning to GraphQL
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Daily complimentary catered lunch from some of NYC’s top restaurants, and an endless supply of snacks & drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Discounted membership to some amazing NYC facilities including Chelsea Piers Gym
- Generous maternity and/or paternity leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.