VP Product, Core Experience
San Francisco, California
Tinder – Product /
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Your work here can change the world. Our Product team is seeking a strategic product leader to orchestrate the definition, development, launch and maintenance of new products.
The VP, Core Experience will be responsible for owning the product strategy to make the core Tinder experience more enjoyable and effective for our members. You will be leading a team of Product Managers and a cross functional team of Designers, Analysts and Engineers to both lead live operations, but equally important identify opportunities to drive improved engagement of our members.
If you are someone that leads with vision, is passionate about consumer experiences and loves to work in a dynamic space where new emergent technology as well as consumer behavior create new opportunities for growth. Tinder is for you! If you have demonstrable high impact leadership, that can solve sophisticated problems, communicate solutions concisely, articulate clear communication to technical and non-technical groups and passionately get results, we want to hear from you!
Where you’ll work:
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three times per week. This position is located in Los Angeles, or San Francisco, CA.
In this job you will:
- Drive the core experience product vision, strategy and development, from concept to launch of consumer-facing features
- Actively oversee live operations on the core member experience, monitoring kpi’s to find opportunities and threats
- Mentor and coach a team of Product Managers to tackle member experiences, business challenges, lead feature dependencies and maintain architectural integrity.
- Influence and lead a cross functional multi disciplinary team to align on both business and consumer opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of Tinder users around the world by conducting research, data analysis, and usability testing
- Collaborate with partners across the organization, communicate product vision, understand and prioritize needs and serve as an advocate and resource for Product
- Provide multidimensional leadership that understands the non-negotiable and the levers that drive growth
- Placing consumer trust and safety top of mind while delivering experiences that lead to positive engagement while understanding business fundamentals
- Organize work around a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and Analysts
- Apply a high standard for quality to a balanced roadmap of UX improvements, stability, incremental improvements with pioneering new features
- Partner with Strategy, User Research, Analytics and Consumer Insights to ensure a deep understanding of the consumer, and ensure that understanding flows into the team’s solutioning
What we’re looking for:
- 12+ years of product management in a high growth consumer tech company
- 10+ years of experience in delivering consumer facing features
- A dynamic leader that understands how to assess the heartbeat of the product
- University degree, ideally with design, technical or business background or mix of education and experience
- Extensive experience in product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Expert at defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback
- Naturally intellectually curious, whether new technologies through to sociological shifts, understands how to apply innovations and trends to product opportunities
- Proven demonstrable impact, driving $100M+ high impact growth opportunities
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
- A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
- Access to mental health resources
- Fertility preservation benefits
- No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
- Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
- Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
- The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
$320,000 - $340,000 a year
Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei