Product Design Manager, Growth
West Hollywood, California /
Tinder – Product Design /
Product Design Manager, Growth
Tinder empowers users around the world to create new connections that otherwise might never have been possible! We build products that bring people together and are a small team with a focus on individual responsibility and rapid development. We are looking for a Product Design Manager for our Growth Pillar to lead and mentor a team of product designers, providing direction and mentorship on their work and output. Design Managers are champions of both their craft and their team’s career development at Tinder and beyond.
As a qualified candidate, you possess an incredible eye for detail and organization. You have experience building growth / revenue products and possess a body of work that demonstrates the distillation of complex ideas into thoughtful and intuitive solutions for the user that meet business goals. You must be (and enjoy being) a proven leader and excellent communicator that is comfortable working closely with designers, cross functional partners, and executives that are passionate about building meaningful and high impact digital products. You are a Design culture champion- dedicated to continuous learning and fostering a culture of transparency, respect, and flexibility.
- Oversee the design strategy in how we accelerate the growth of the business
- Lead and encourage a team of product designers, provide innovative and creative design direction, and develop effective strategies to execute the vision
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across the product
- Influence the business and product strategy while being a strong and articulate advocate for user-centered design
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members from Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Data Science and speak to product strategy, design goals, and execution
- A background in product design and portfolio of beautiful interface / graphic designs
- Ability to think big and experience working to solve complex design problems within revenue, growth, or international teams
- Keen interest and experience designing for business goals with ability to articulate and teach an understanding of visual hierarchy, layout, and architecture
- 2+ years managing design teams
- 7+ years professional experience with mobile design and proven foundation in UX design heuristics
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multidisciplinary designers
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
· The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
· Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
· Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
· Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.