Sr. Labor & Employment Counsel
Los Angeles, California
Match Group – Legal /
As Sr. Labor & Employment Counsel, you will join Match Group’s growing legal team to actively manage labor and employment law-related matters across Match Group’s portfolio of leading brands including Tinder, Hinge, Match, and OkCupid.
As a global provider of online dating products with a strong focus on innovation and technology, Match Group offers a unique opportunity to work on a diverse spectrum of global employment and labor law issues. This is a chance to join a global legal team that is proactive, collaborative and highly respected, and to work closely with internal clients in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
In this role, you will leverage prior law firm, and preferably corporate/in-house experience, to establish best practices in legal matters relating to employee relations, compensation and compliance matters. This role will report into the VP, Sr. Counsel - Labor & Employment.
Match Group is rooted in Dallas, TX along with offices in LA and NY. We are open to considering a remote office in Texas or California for this role, with periodic visits to either Dallas or LA.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will provide preventive, proactive legal advice on global labor and employment law, including wrongful termination, discrimination, disability accommodations, leaves of absence, compensation & benefits and compliance with local laws and ordinances.
- You will support the review, drafting and development of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with complex and rapidly changing international, federal, state and local laws on diverse employment and compliance matters.
- You will support the Benefits function with regard to leave and accommodation issues.
- You will manage and/or support various complex and sensitive projects as assigned, including pay and policy reviews, and organizational changes.
- You will manage outside counsel on various matters including international employment inquiries, internal investigations, and project work as assigned.
- You will conduct, review and advise on internal investigations.
- You will deliver training on employment and compliance topics across various internal stakeholders.
- You will proactively research, develop, implement, and manage employment legal compliance initiatives in partnership with the Human Resources department
We could be a match if:
- You meet the requirement of a J.D. degree and membership in good standing in one state bar.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the areas of employment law, preferably including in-house experience and experience providing advice and counsel on international or multi-jurisdictional employment matters.
- You are an effective communicator, with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, coworkers, and colleagues.
- You have the ability to work autonomously, issue spot and provide incisive, practical and business-focused advice and counsel.
- You have strong project management experience and problem-solving skills with the ability to lead a project from initiation to completion and the ability to balance strategic and tactical issues.
- You exercise good judgment and a high level of professional integrity.
- You are a quick learner and innovative thinker comfortable with working autonomously in an entrepreneurial environment who is capable of assessing and communicating risk within the context of business-driven goals.
$190,000 - $220,000 a year
Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in Dallas or Los Angeles. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 18 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.