Director, Global Social Media
Los Angeles, California /
Tinder – Marketing /
The Social Media Director will own the global social media vision and strategy for Tinder. We are looking for someone who is a creative strategist with a strong pulse on the social landscape and that has led strategy and established best practice in social media for a global brand. This person will help craft our global and regional channel strategy, influencers, and build new audiences on emerging platforms. They will work cross-functionally across our Integrated Marketing, Media, Business Development, and PR teams, as well as our regional marketing, leads to scale initiatives at a local level. The ideal candidate is passionate about growth hacking new platforms and understands the intersection of culture and brand storytelling.
- Drive innovation across all Tinder social channels, remaining up to date on new technology, platforms, macro trends, and competitor activities to apply to strategic plans. Identifying new trends to spark new innovative content development for organic growth.
- Expand the fan base across the brand’s owned social channels by attracting new followers and redefining current followers into brand advocates. Boosting fan engagement across Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, and Twitch.
- Find opportunities to scale efforts and knowledge share across the North American and International markets.
- Standardize tracking, tools, and measurement methodologies in partnership with the analytics team.
- Devise outstanding ways to keep Tinder in the social zeitgeist and partner with influential individuals and brands to drive efficacy.
- Build and develop a strong internal and external team (agency support) across social community management, creative development, and talent management.
- 8-10+ social strategy and execution for a global brand either at an agency or internally at a brand
- +5 years people management
- Proficient in the digital world and emerging platforms with deep knowledge or experience marketing to Gen-Z. Hands-on experience with Snapchat, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Conversant in social analytics, social listening, and automation tools.
- Broad experience including brand identity, art direction, content strategy and development, video, and paid social media.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.