Data Scientist II, User Growth
Remote, US /
Tinder – Finance & Analytics /
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
• Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
• Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
• Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
• Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
• Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
The Product Analytics team powers data-informed decision-making at Tinder, and provides quantification to understand intent, behavior, value, and the potentially complicated ways they all correlate. As a Data Scientist on the Growth team, you will use advanced techniques such as churn prediction, user segmentation, and causal inference to inform product strategies around user lifecycle engagement and more to help Tinder tackle impactful product and growth problems.
You will be responsible for understanding the intricacies of onboarding, notifications, and communications, while also delivering viral features that attract the next generation of Tinder users.
As an influential team-member, you will disseminate findings and recommendations to various partners across the organization via presentations, reports, and dashboards. Your insights will influence business performance, the experience of our users, and the direction of analytics at Tinder.
Where you will work
Remotely or in one of our offices located in LA or San Francisco
In this role, you will:
- You will be an authority on initiatives within the team (and broader organization) by using data to challenge and reshape our understanding of customer behavior and business performance.
- Be a strategic partner for User Growth by identifying high-impact analytical problems; find innovative ways to address these problems via data analysis, experimentation, and statistical modeling.
- Derive and communicate data-driven recommendations regarding both the prioritization of potential product/marketing initiatives and the performance of current initiatives.
- Evolve our measurement strategy by identifying novel metrics and measurement approaches to guide product strategy, goals, and experiments.
- Conceptualize, develop and maintain dashboards for risk detection and monitoring.
- Help set the team direction by driving cross-functional alignment on projects and priorities.
- Design and analyze experiments to rigorously test specific hypotheses.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Economics, Computer Science, Statistics), Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- 2+ years of professional working experience in Data Science and/or analytics, experience in a high-growth consumer tech company preferred.
- Experienced with SQL, a scripting language (Python or R), and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Familiarity with experimentation, machine learning, and causal inference techniques.
- Ability to develop a multifaceted business understanding, testable hypotheses, and meaningful findings from data.
- Eagerness to identify and explore new product/marketing opportunities, potential improvements to our data infrastructure, and unanswered questions about customer behavior.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and a willingness to collaborate with business partners.
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei