Sr. Database Application Developer (remote)
Phoenix, Arizona /
Match / Match Affinity – Engineering - Match /
Hi! We're the Affinity Apps Team.
We make dating apps that embrace our users' sense of community. Every month, millions of singles come to our apps, like Upward, BLK and Chispa, to make great connections.
We're looking for a Senior Database engineer with great attention to detail who likes working at large scale with a constantly evolving product.
We’re based in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to considering a remote office for a qualified candidate who can travel periodically to Dallas.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Architecting solutions, designing databases and tables, writing effective T-SQL stored procedures, and optimizing existing structures and code to ensure our users have the best, fastest experience possible
- Advising, guiding, and providing input on a variety of business and technical challenges (we build and maintain complex algorithms that are heavily database driven)
- The ability to creatively solve problems and overcome unique challenges with minimal supervision or hand-holding
We could be a match if:
- Eagerness to write T-SQL code that will perform in a highly-transactional, 24/7/365 environment
- A good understanding of SQL Server internals (and why that’s important)
- Comfort with an agile, fast-paced environment
- Curiosity to better understand things like “how the optimizer works” and to learn the “why” that drives implementation choices
- The desire to maintain open, consistent communication with peers, business teams, and management
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Design: create structures and code to solve complex problems in the best way
- T-SQL: create tables, indexes, stored procedures, functions from scratch
- SQL Server fundamentals: possess a strong grasp of how SQL Server works
- Performance tuning: use instrumentation and DMVs to troubleshoot and optimize
- Well-versed in high-volume, highly-transactional systems
- Working knowledge of DBA tasks (helps in design and performance tuning)
- Experience with version control and deploying changes to QA and production
What’s the team like?
- We are a small but growing team, full of bright and collaborative people who are deeply passionate about making great software
- We work cross-functionally with our Product and Design partners to craft exciting new features that will delight our users
- We encourage continuous improvement and strive to always learn and grow as engineers and as a team
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations review process.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.