Senior Technical Project Manager
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada /
Plenty of Fish – Engineering /
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people's lives every single day! Named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
How do you feel about creating a world-class engineering organization at one of the largest online dating platforms?
Plenty of Fish is looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to work with our engineering, product, and technology teams to create a culture of efficiency and planned execution.
Reporting to the CTO, the Senior Technical Project Manager will be responsible for implementing our agile software development practices, honing our project management process and reporting, and supporting our cross-functional squads to track and deliver on new product features and systems.
Please Note: This role is Office-First.
Office-First: You will get to work from our downtown Vancouver office 2-3 days a week, and work remotely the remainder of the week!
So, what will you do?
- Create new process, workflow, and responsibilities to ensure Plenty of Fish can deliver as much value as possible to our members
- Directly manage projects including plans, timelines, schedules, resourcing, and communication between teams and stakeholder groups
- Manage sprints for your squad, including running daily scrum, sprint planning, retrospectives, managing velocity, and ensuring the smooth delivery of sprint goals
- Forecast and manage project costs, working with Finance stakeholders to optimize spend
- Analyze experiment and productivity metrics and recommend next steps
- Automate workflow between systems and eliminating manual process wherever possible
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- Proven experience in project management, leading multiple teams and initiatives concurrently
- A strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- You are very comfortable with data and use it for advanced planning and analysis
- Had past exposure to cost management, forecasting, and budgeting
- Been known as a clear communicator and can collaborate across functions and levels, including executives, to align on goals and objectives
- A technical background & professional education, but see the big picture for creating process to make other technical staff better
- Experience with Atlassian Jira & Confluence, as well as Monday.com or similar project management tools
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP, or another Cloud platform
- Experience with payments and regulatory compliance
**We would love to hear from you, even if you don't match 100% of the requirements**
Why Plenty of Fish?
• We're recognized as one of BC's Top Employers 2023!
• We have remote options available
• Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days
• RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
• Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from day one
• Match Group mentorship program
• Parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
• Extended health & dental benefits from day one
• Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
• And many more on our careers page
• Be Proud - We own our ship. We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
• Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
• Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface thoughtful decisions.
• Crew Together - We're all working towards the same goals and win as a team.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.