Senior Data Engineer
Dallas, Texas, US /
Match Group – Engineering /
Know where you belong.
Match Group is a leading provider of dating products across the globe. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, The League, and others, each designed to spark meaningful connections for singles worldwide. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will be implementing critical ETL pipelines and advancing best practices for the data engineering team, and the rest of the organization. You will work on delivering an actual big data architecture while concentrating on real-world problems such as privacy concerns.
This role is key to the success of Match Group. Not only will you help power the love lives of millions of people, but you will play a critical part in the functioning of every brand at Match Group (Match, Tinder, Hinge, Okcupid, PlentyofFish, BLK, and others), with stakeholders ranging from customer experience to marketing to leadership.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our Dallas office 2 days/week.
How you'll make an impact:
- Work with our Engineering teams to ensure data is flowing accurately through data creation to our presentation layers
- Become an advocate for the Data Engineering team by developing and championing Data Engineering practices with the team and with the company at large
- Improve our Data Engineering stack through containerization, data modeling, developing our ETL pipelines, and building scalable/reliable solutions
- Work with stakeholders and translate their needs and expectations into action items and deliverables
- Design and implement efficient data models to support business intelligence and data analytics
- Develop and maintain data quality checks and data monitoring systems
- Support existing on-prem infrastructure and help expand our processes into the cloud (AWS)
We could be a Match if you bring:
- Expertise in SQL, Data Modeling, and Python
- 5+ years of professional/industry experience
- Prior Airflow and/or Python experience is required
- Used Redshift, Airflow, Spectrum and relational database like SQL Server
- Capability to drive initiatives and articulate their value to Engineering and other stakeholders
- Working knowledge of SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) and Amazon QuickSight is plus
What's the team like?
- Our BI team is a service organization that delivers reporting solutions to the entire Match Group enterprise
- The BI team is responsible for architecting and engineering new data systems and reporting to help facilitate business decision-making
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
WFH Stipend – Hybrid/remote work allowance for full time employees to help you feel comfortable and efficient in your home office environment
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.