Experience Design Manager, Integrity
Los Angeles, California, US /
Tinder – Product Design /
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
• Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
• Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
• Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
• Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
• Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
The Product Design team is a creative team that delivers strategic and visual design in order to craft an effective and enjoyable experience for our users. As cross-functional partners with the Product, Data Science, Engineering and Marketing teams, we identify new opportunities, create test concepts and deliver end-to-end solutions that are functional and usable. We tackle complex problems and make improvements through research, team critique and feedback from our partners and users.
Tinder is looking for an Experience Design Manager to lead our Integrity pillar. As a design manager you will lead a team of product designers, providing direction and mentorship of their team’s output, as well as coaching best practices in cross-functional partnership and design process. Our Integrity pillar is a tight knit and passionate group that houses our Trust & Safety and Social Responsibility teams who are in control of ensuring we develop the safest, most inclusive and trusted dating platform.
You will develop a strong design practice within the Integrity pillar, influence strategy and make a strong impact on product execution and quality. Design managers also provide design mentorship and are a champion for values, craft and career development, helping to create the spaces and structures that allow designers to deliver end-to-end solutions that are valuable, usable, and enjoyed by Tinder’s diverse and global user base.
Where you’ll work
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration twice per week. This position is located in Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Palo Alto, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of work.
- Demonstrate high quality design practices. This includes coordinating all aspects of UX: research, conceptualization, collaboration, facilitation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture, content design and visual execution.
- Form relationships with cross functional team members and executives across organizations, and optimally speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative of the design team.
- Thoughtfully consider your team’s new and existing experiences, regularly seeking recommendations from various inputs, including community partners, our diverse member perspectives, research papers, and other sources.
- Be curious. Learn about our users, build empathy for their needs, advocate for them and deliver impactful experiences that connect their goals to the business context.
- Be a model for inclusivity, providing a safe, trusting environment where people can bring their whole selves to work.
- Drive multiple small to large projects in parallel.
- Help our larger design organization grow and improve, helping with skill building and design maturity.
- 8+ years in product design experience.
- 2+ years proven experience as a UX leader in a cross-functional UX team, dedicated to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched features and products.
- Demonstrated experience with mentoring strong accountability and growth in direct reports.
- Proven high bar for quality and attention to detail.
- Experience designing for Android, iOS, and web. Knowledge of Apple’s HIG patterns & Material design.
- Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI or Computer Science, or equivalent experience preferred.
As a full-time employee, you'll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- $500 work-from-home stipend to set you up for remote work
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
The salary range for this position is $145,000 - $185,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in Los Angeles, California. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei