Staff Backend Software Engineer (C#/.Net)
Meetic – Tech /
Meetic is the European leader in dating services operating in 21 countries.
As the source of more than 8 million couples, Meetic works to create the best user experience whether online, mobile or at the many events organized every week across Europe.
Our company is guided by a humanistic philosophy and supported by the strength of an international group : Match Group. Our teams develop products that have a strong social impact..
In recent years, Meetic has placed people and sustainability at the center of its focus through concrete actions: such as a green IT approach (reduction of servers, web eco-design, zero plastic...), assistance with WFH equipment, one-month of Second Parent leave, etc…
Take a look at our page: https://www.meetic-europe.com/
Working closely with our US tech team, the Meetic teams are building a technical international platform that addresses multiple challenges. These include setting up a state-of-the-art resilient architecture, solving complex scaling questions, and creating new features.
This strategic project requires us to define short and long-term strategies, as well as hiring a team based in Paris.
- You will develop applications that implement the business logic of Meetic and Match apps. These applications manipulate and produce user and business data, and expose APIs to frontend applications.
- You will implement unit and functional tests to ensure the long-term quality of the software you develop.
- You will contribute to the development and maintenance of tools necessary for building and deploying the backend applications of Meetic and Match.
- You will set up technical means to observe and monitor the proper execution of Meetic's backend applications. You will contribute to modeling the architecture of Meetic's and Match's backend applications, as well as the interfaces that enable them to communicate with each other in an optimized way for the user. Your goal will be to minimize costs for Match Group.
- You will participate in creating and designing technical briefs, and will independently produce technical briefs.
- You will make proposals to contribute to the maintainability and coherence of the technical stack.
- You will contribute to organizing developments within your team, and develop technical solutions that meet the needs of Match, Meetic, and their users.
- You will self-organize tasks assigned to you or tasks you have assigned to yourself to provide visibility into their progress. You will estimate the time required to complete these tasks and give yourself the means to meet your estimates.
- You hold a degree in computer science or have equivalent professional experience.
- You have a strong background in developing applications at scale, with at least 2-3 years of experience in C# and .Net development.
- You have experience working in systems where robustness, scalability, performance, and innovation are key.
- You have experience with cloud technologies and distributed systems.
- You produce high-quality code that is thoroughly tested and maintainable by the entire team.
- You are familiar with the "Clean Code" philosophy and apply it in your work every day. You are proficient in unit and functional testing, and have a good understanding of design patterns that optimize software architecture.
- You are autonomous and responsible for your developments from start to finish: implementation, testing, continuous improvement of the application architecture, and production release.
- You are proficient in debugging techniques and observability tools for systems in production.
- You actively participate in workshops to invent new features and create new systems with other teams.
- You are fluent in English, both in written and spoken forms, and are comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
- You are passionate about software engineering.
- You are curious, creative, open-minded, and convinced by Agile principles.
- You have a strong desire to share knowledge with your colleagues, particularly through eXtreme Programming practices such as code reviews and mob-programming.
- You have a passion for software craftsmanship.
- You possess the ability to provide constructive and useful feedback. Additionally, you actively seek feedback from your colleagues and manager to utilize it as a tool to develop your skills.
- You know how to communicate in writing and orally in a concise, clear, and effective manner. You actively listen to others and make sure they are understood by you and your colleagues.
- You enjoy working in a team and strive to improve the way your team collaborates, as well as the associated processes and rituals.
What we offer :
Agile, collaborative, stimulating and dynamic work environment
Microservice architecture in constant evolution
Tech Culture: crafts, autonomy and knowledge sharing
Learn through e-learning, conferences, Meetups and BBL
Express your creativity by participating in our hackathons
Work for a product with a high societal impact
Take advantage of indoor and outdoor places to collaborate and relax as well. All in the heart of Paris !
Benefit from a competitive package consistent with the market
Practical information :
Contract start: As soon as you are ready!
Location: 53 Rue de Châteaudun, Paris 75009
Hybrid Work From Home model
Contract: CDI / Full Time
Meetic is an employer that respects equal opportunities and diversity.