Senior Data Analyst
Vancouver, British Columbia /
Plenty of Fish – Analytics /
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people's lives every single day! Named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
We are looking for someone to be a part of our outstanding Analytics team, who will be working cross-functionally with the rest of the organization to help identify, understand, and improve business and product challenges facing Plenty of Fish. The Data Analyst will deliver high-quality strategic and tactical analysis; collaborating with the product, engineering, data science, business intelligence, customer service, and marketing teams.
This role will suit those with strong quantitative training, deep knowledge of what makes a business successful, a passion for telling stories with insights gleaned from data. The ability to communicate results clearly to non-technical colleagues is essential in this role.
Please Note: This role is Remote First.
Remote First: You will have the option to work remotely from the Lower Mainland area, but we will require attendance at our downtown Vancouver office for quarterly planning, important meetings, team get togethers or whenever you want to "crew together" IRL!
So, what will you do?
- Provide a variety of stakeholders from Executives, Product Managers, Engineering Managers, or other Data Analysts, with deep-dive quantitative analyses and present them in an immediately usable format, extracting key insights from extensive, complex data sets
- Find opportunities to take analytics framework into the next level and lead stakeholders to adopt new frameworks and methodologies
- Quantitatively analyze user behavior to help determine product strategy and drive business decisions, including driving learning from A/B tests
- Take ownership of ambiguous and complex analytical assignments
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- 3-5 years of progressive experience using quantitative analysis to make business-focused recommendations
- Strong communication skills at different levels of organizational hierarchy
- Strong understanding of incrementality and sizing business problems and opportunities
- Proven technical data analytics skills in working with large amounts of data at different levels of aggregation, from raw telemetry to metric stores.
- Experience with raw clickstream data (telemetry event data) and datasets of 100 million+ records
- Experience with web/digital analytics metrics (Daily Active Users, Retention, Churn)
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts such as confidence, normal distribution, correlation, linear regression, and linear programming
- Proficiency with SQL or other query languages
- In depth experience with data visualization and analytical tools (E.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Looker)
- A skillset that encompasses problem identification, analysis, solution definition, results, and communication
It's a bonus if you have..
- Experience with Python, R, or other programming languages
- Experience in an internal or external management consulting/advisory role
- Have held a similar position at an online dating, social networking, gaming or subscription-based business
- You're a user of Plenty of Fish or other online dating service or familiar with the product!
Why Plenty of Fish?
We're recognized as one of BC's Top Employers 2022!
We have remote options available
Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days
RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from the day one
Match Group mentorship program
Maternity & parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
Extended health & dental benefits from day one
Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
And many more on our careers page
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.