Senior Android Engineer
Dallas, Texas /
Match / Match Affinity – Engineering - Match /
As a Senior Android Engineer, you’ll build new features and customer experiences for our flagship dating app, Match, which is under the Match Group Portfolio (https://mtch.com/).
Match boasts more dates, more relationships, and more marriages than any other dating business. Simply put, we change lives.
***We’re based in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to considering a remote location for highly qualified candidates who can travel periodically to Dallas
How you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll work together with product and design team to deliver the best possible product for single adults looking for love
- You'll develop new features in Kotlin and work with the latest technology
- You'll take an active role in technical discussions and help us update our architecture and design patterns
We could be a match if you bring:
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin and Android SDK
- Jetpack Compose knowledge or a strong desire to learn
- The ability to estimate the scope of work before starting on a new feature
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- Understanding of dependency injection and writing testable code
- Understanding of Android Architecture Components
- Strong UI skills (ConstraintLayout, custom views and animations)
- Understanding of Coroutines and Flow
- Bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with Dagger and/or Hilt
- Experience with Room and Jetpack Navigation
- Experience building multiple apps with Product Flavors
- Experience updating an existing codebase to follow modern best practices
What’s the team like?
- We’re a diverse team with a good work/life balance
- We’re always building new applications and features
- We’re always looking to employ the best technology
- We strive to deliver great user experiences
- We have technical discussions openly, inclusively, and objectively
- We’re focused on growth and development
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 20 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
WFH Stipend – Hybrid/remote work allowance to help you feel comfortable and efficient in your home office environment
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations review process.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.