Staff Systems Engineer (Platform)
Palo Alto, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy through automation. Individuals spend on average 10+ hours weekly doing mundane tasks in their home. We are using Level 5 Autonomy and mobility to reimagine home devices in order to give people this time back. We build and ship great products that solve real problems for people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We’re looking for an amazing Software Engineer to join us (pre-launch!), with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Design and build software systems which can range for building compute graph pipelines, auto update of software/firmware, enable delightful, multi-modal (gestures, voice, etc.) interactions
- Enable very fast robot and device data transfer protocols that feels like magic to users
- Design and implement secure, efficient and robust software for real-time data and video transfer
- Recognize opportunities to create tools and improve infrastructure for more developer efficiency
- Perform root cause analysis of system crashes
- Closely collaborate with Software, Algorithms, and Hardware team to bring product vision to life that changes perception of what’s possible
- Be an integral member of our small software team
What we look for
- BS, MS, or PhD + 4 years of experience
- Fluency in Rust, good to have C, C++
- Familiarity with a systems scripting language, such as Shell or Python
- Familiarity with userspace Linux programming and conventions
- A scrappy, hacker mentality
- Proven track record of building great software
- Pride in your programming and attention to detail
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work
- High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
- You are excited about taking ownership on a wide range of systems and drive projects from concept through shipping
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.