Systems Engineer (Embedded Linux)
Mountain View, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy through automation. Individuals spend on average 10+ hours weekly doing mundane tasks in their home. We are using Level 5 Autonomy and mobility to reimagine home devices in order to give people this time back. We build and ship great products that solve real problems for real people. Our mission-driven team values learning and curiosity in a high-ownership culture.
We're looking for a motivated Embedded Linux Engineer to join us (pre-launch) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Develop core device systems software and functionality from the ground up
- Enable mechanical engineering and other teams by building a robust software stack that interacts with firmware, motors, sensors and other software agents
- Work with both EE and software teams to ensure feature feasibility & functionality
- Perform root cause analysis of system crashes and hardware failures
- Identify bugs & bottlenecks to improve system performance
- Develop and debug ISP & DSP pipelines
- Be an integral member of our small software team
What we look for
- Strong familiarity with userspace Linux programming and conventions & working knowledge of Linux kernel internals
- Deep experience in multi-threaded C and C++
- Familiarity with a systems scripting language, such as Shell or Python
- Knowledge of common communication protocols (e.g. USB, RS232, TCP/IP/HTTP)
- Experience with working on C/C++ microcontroller firmware is a big plus
- Comfort with a fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work
- High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.