Palo Alto, CA /
People & Operations /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy through automation. Individuals spend on average 10+ hours weekly doing mundane tasks in their home. We are using Level 5 Autonomy and mobility to reimagine home devices in order to give people this time back. We build and ship great products that solve real problems for people we love. Our mission-driven team values learning and curiosity in a high-ownership culture.
We're looking for seasoned technical recruiter to join us (pre-launch) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact! This role will focus on leading recruiting efforts in a highly technical domain (autonomous robotics), having a wide scope within the business. You will be integral in defining best practices for recruiting: from sourcing to interviewing to closing - including market research and internal reporting to best guide a strong and scalable process.
What you'll do
- Own end-to-end recruitment cycle, helping define and scale processes as you go
- Be an integral part of our small recruiting team, with a loud voice in recruiting best practices within the organization
- Identify creative sourcing channels and conduct market research to present (and close!) top talent
- Engage with candidates from varying experience levels to uncover their strengths and key motivators
- Represent the mission, values, and technical approach of Matician
- Act as a strategic partner with hiring managers, company founders, and external contacts
- Foster and maintain long-term candidate relationships during interview process and beyond
- Inform ongoing employee engagement and retention efforts
What we look for
- 2-5 years' experience in a technical recruiting role (a plus: experience with hardware roles for consumer electronics, or with perception software roles)
- Track record of creative, tenacious, and tactful recruiting efforts - you know how to find great talent in the fray, and build trust throughout the process
- Ability to influence business decisions through reporting and analyzing both internal and market recruitment data
- Interest in guiding Matician's recruitment strategy: from sourcing, interviewing, to offer
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work or ambiguity
- High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are seeking a recruiting role with uncapped growth potential in a startup environment
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.