Technical Program Manager
Palo Alto, CA /
Ηardware – Program/Product Management /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by circumventing mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We're looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Provide direction, mentorship, and resources to other engineering groups and technicians
- Act as technical lead for manufacturing operations
- Design and develop processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Plan, organize, and orchestrate all pre-launch build activities
- Manage development: project tracking; timeline; inventory; budget
What we look for
- Technical degree in CS, electrical, or mechanical engineering (or equivalent)
- 4-6 years in a Technical Program Management role
- Prior experience shipping consumer hardware products
- Ability to execute on many projects and tasks in parallel, across teams, in a short timeframe, with ability to pivot rapidly
- Insane attention to detail
- Comfort with fast-paced, unstructured startup atmosphere
- Risk taking, a propensity for learning, and no fear of failure
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.