Electrical Engineer (Intern)
Palo Alto, CA /
Ιnternships & Residencies /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by automating mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We're looking for a motivated Electrical Engineering Intern to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
Flexibility on duration of internship - minimum 12 week commitment.
What you'll do
- Subsystem design and prototyping, schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification, and signal characterization
- Create clear and readable schematics for electrical designs
- Design high-power and high-speed printed circuit board layouts
- Write requirements, participate in DFMEAs, create and carry out test and validation plans
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers to optimize placement
- Be an integral member of our small hardware team
What we look for
- Prior exposure to schematic capture and PCB design
- Proven ability to bring up and debug new board designs
- Experience with kernel and embedded software development a plus
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work
- High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.