Electrical Engineer (Intern)
Palo Alto, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by circumventing mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We're looking for a motivated Electrical Engineering Intern to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
This position is available for Winter, Spring, and Summer 2021 terms, with flexibility on duration (minimum 12 week commitment).
What you'll do
- Be an integral member of our small hardware team
- Create clear and readable schematics for electrical designs
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers to optimize placement
- Subsystem design and prototyping, schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification, and signal characterization
- Work with PCB designers to create reliable and low-weight layouts.
- Write requirements, participate in DFMEAs, create and carry out test and validation plans.
What we look for
- Prior exposure to schematic capture and PCB design
- Proven ability to bring up and debug new board designs
- Experience with kernel and embedded software development a plus
- Comfort with fast-paced, autonomous startup atmosphere
- Risk taking, a propensity for learning, and no fear of failure
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.