Staff Research Scientist (Computer Vision)
Palo Alto, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy through automation. Individuals spend on average 10+ hours weekly doing mundane tasks in their home. We are using Level 5 Autonomy and mobility to reimagine home devices in order to give people this time back. We build and ship great products that solve real problems for people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We're looking for motivated computer vision engineers to join us (pre-launch) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Design, build and scale new neural network architectures, loss functions and enforce novel constraints
- Train, test and tune NN models, gather and refine data
- Deploy model at scale with high run-time efficiency
- Analyze results, continuously update and improve accuracy & speed of various ML/CV algorithms
- Be an integral member of our small perception software team
- Work to enable Level 5 autonomy on consumer robotics
- Collaborate with Hardware, Software, and Algorithms team to bring product vision to life
What we look for
- BS, MS, or PhD + 4 years of experience
- Ability to write clean, reliable code that is easily maintained
- Fluency with Python, C, C++ (PyTorch or Numpy a plus)
- Experience working on CV & ML problems
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work
- High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.