Mechanical Design Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by circumventing mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We're looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Contribute as an integral member of our small hardware team
- Design parts & assemblies (including manufacturing processes and testing)
- GD&T and engineering tolerance analysis
- Establish relationships with vendors, suppliers, and CMs in a startup environment
What we look for
- 2+ years' experience in full-time ME role (within consumer electronics)
- Proven track record of designing and shipping successful physical products
- Strong CAD skills (master/skeleton modeling, managing assemblies, PDM)
- Comfort with fast-paced, autonomous startup atmosphere
- Risk taking, a propensity for learning, and no fear of failure
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.