Embedded Linux Systems Engineer (Intern)
Palo Alto, CA /
Іnternships & Residencies – Internships /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by circumventing mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We're looking for a motivated Embedded Systems & Linux Engineering Intern to join us (pre-launch) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
This position is available for Winter, Spring, and Summer 2021 terms, with flexibility on duration (minimum 12 week commitment).
What you'll do
- Develop core device functionality from the ground up
- Work with both EE and software teams to ensure feature feasibility
- Perform root cause analysis of system crashes and hardware failures
- Identify bottlenecks to improve system performance
- Be an integral member of our small software team
What we look for
- Deep experience in multi-threaded C and C++
- Familiarity with a systems scripting language, such as Shell or Python
- Strong familiarity with userspace Linux programming and conventions & working knowledge of Linux kernel internals
- Knowledge of common communication protocols (e.g. USB, RS232, TCP/IP/HTTP)
- Comfort with fast-paced, unstructured startup atmosphere
- Risk taking, a propensity for learning, and no fear of failure
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.