Mountain View, CA /
Operations & Supply Chain /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy through automation and robotics. Individuals spend on average 10+ hours weekly doing mundane tasks in their home. We are using Level 5 Autonomy and mobility to reimagine home devices in order to give people this time back. We build and ship great products that solve real problems for people we love. Our mission-driven team values learning and curiosity in a high-ownership culture.
We're looking for an experienced Sourcing Manager to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact. You will be one of the first supply chain hires, with focus on designing a sourcing plan and owning supplier development for all EE/ME components and assemblies.
What you'll do
- Identify supply chain risks and drive resolution to supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-times
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and implement strategic sourcing strategies in support of the EVT , DVT and mass production programs
- Develop negotiation strategy and implement acceptable terms and conditions with internal partners and suppliers
- Own the interface with suppliers for all RFI, RFP and RFQ activities
- Identify key benchmark suppliers in RF-x efforts. Define an evaluation criterion and provide relevant data
- Drive continuous supplier improvement in purchase price and total cost, including supply chain performance cost
- Participate in design reviews, change control meetings, and other technical discussions with internal engineering partners
- Manage the overall supplier relationship; drive supplier performance improvement (considering quality, cost and delivery)
What we look for
- Proven industry experience in either electronic component sourcing (e.g. PCBA, ICs,Cameras, Battery) or Mechanical components (e.g. motors, injection molding, machining, stamping, cable harness, system sub assemblies)
- Prior partnership with Contract Manufacturers, implementing cost & quality review
- Ability and interest in developing a comprehensive sourcing strategy
- Track record of vendor management - from early cost analysis to negotiations, supplier contracts, and ongoing relationship management
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work
- High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are driven by a high degree of ownership and autonomy
- You are looking for greater scope in your role to help define a new (and integral) function in our organization
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.