Systems Engineer (Platform)
Palo Alto, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by automating mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven team values learning and curiosity in a high-ownership culture.
We’re looking for a scrappy Software Engineer to join us (pre-launch!), with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Build software systems which can range for building compute graph pipelines, auto update of software/firmware, enable delightful, multi-modal (gestures, voice, etc.) interactions
- Enable very fast robot and device data transfer protocols that feels like magic to users
- Design secure, efficient and robust software for real-time data and video transfer
- Recognize opportunities to create tools and improve infrastructure for more developer efficiency
- Perform root cause analysis of system crashes
- Closely collaborate with Software, Algorithms, and Hardware team to bring product vision to life that changes perception of what’s possible
- Be an integral member of our small software team
What we look for
- A scrappy, hacker mentality
- Fluency in Rust, good to have C, C++
- Familiarity with a systems scripting language, such as Shell or Python
- Familiarity with userspace Linux programming and conventions
- Proven track record of building great software
- Pride in your programming and attention to detail
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work
- High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
- You are excited about taking ownership on a wide range of systems and drive projects from concept through shipping
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.