Palo Alto, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy through automation. Individuals spend on average 10+ hours weekly doing mundane tasks in their home. We are using Level 5 Autonomy and mobility to reimagine home devices in order to give people this time back. We build and ship great products that solve real problems for people we love. Our mission-driven team values learning and curiosity in a high-ownership culture.
We're looking for a motivated Firmware Engineer to join us (pre-launch) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Develop, maintain, and test firmware for various system components
- Evaluate firmware requirements for product features
- Work with both EE and software teams to meet product requirements
- Perform root cause analysis of system crashes and firmware/hardware failures
- Be an integral member of our small software team
What we look for
- Deep experience with embedded C/C++
- Deep knowledge of at least one microcontroller family (ARM, PIC, AVR, etc.), plus for ARM
- Knowledge of common communication protocols (e.g. USB, RS232, CAN, etc.)
- Familiarity with working within a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of basic electrical fundamentals
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work
- High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.