Palo Alto, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by circumventing mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
Our Residency Program:
Our Hardware Residency is designed as a one-year-long product-oriented engineering position focused in the areas of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. In this program, you will develop, build and optimize robots that will actually be used by consumers. Unlike other residency programs that focus only on conducting research and publication, our program places heavy emphasis on the process of refining and engineering the research into a product that people can buy.
We're looking for motivated Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Play an integral role in developing and building robots
- Contribute to product development, patents, and other aspects of building a company from the ground up
- Validate designs with rapid iterative prototyping
- Collaborate with Hardware, Software, and Algorithms teams
What we look for
- BS/MS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline)
- Proven track record of thorough, end-to-end development experience
- Familiarity with design, sourcing, manufacturing, and testing of a physical product
- Comfort with fast-paced, autonomous startup atmosphere
- Risk taking, a propensity for learning, and no fear of failure
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.