Palo Alto, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by circumventing mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We're looking for an experienced and motivated CAE Engineer to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Be the first CAE hire
- Carve out your own roadmap of responsibilities
- Contribute as an integral member of our small hardware team
- Ship something real - applying simulation to real scenarios as we approach product launch
What we look for
- At least 1-2 years' experience in full-time CAE role (within consumer electronics)
- Strength in Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Applied Solid Mechanics, Materials and Numerical Methods
- Familiarity with ANSYS Structural, Fluent, or similar tools
- Experience with calibration, verification, and validation of models through physical testing
- Comfort with fast-paced, autonomous startup atmosphere
- Risk taking, a propensity for learning, and no fear of failure
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.